About Hosting at Asheville Summer Camp
Host an International Student this Summer
Do you want to do something special for your family this summer, while staying at home? Consider hosting an international student for 3-4 weeks, while they attend Xplore’s language focused day camp!
What is involved in hosting?
Our host families come in all shapes and sizes – and we welcome the diversity! We welcome single parents, empty-nesters, single people, same sex couples, families with children and couples without children – all that is required to host is having a desire to welcome a new culture into your home!
Are you a good fit?
- Do you have a spare bed (in a private room, or in a room to be shared with a child between 12 and 18)?
- Are you able to provide transportation to and from day camp (held at Hanger Hall in North Asheville) Monday through Friday at 9 am and 5 pm?
- Are you able to provide three meals per day (including a packed lunch 4 days per week)?
- Do you want to build lifelong friendships while introducing new cultures into your home?
Our focus for this program is integration and exchange – for both our families and our students. Opening your home to a new family member can be a really rewarding experience for every member of the home – from cultural diversity and awareness to learning and improving a foreign language. Many of Xplore families report that, through hosting, they grow closer as a family as they participate in fun activities and learn new ways of communication.
Host families in Asheville receive one FREE week of day camps to use during their hosting period and discounted rates for additional weeks. Our day camps in Asheville are great for kids and teens aged from 8 to 18 who live locally and are looking for fun and adventure with organized activities and excursions with traveling students from all over the world!
Don’t take our word for it…
Through Xplore we hosted a fantastic young lady from Germany. Julia absolutely captured our hearts in every way. We have made a friend for life and think of her as our “German daughter”.
Frequently Asked Questions
2019 Hosting Dates
- Host for 4 weeks (June 29 – July 27)
- Host for 3 weeks (July 6 – 27)
Interested in hosting for 2 weeks – please inquire to see if a student is available!
Other programs you might be interested in: