Selecting your Xplore Student
The student selection process begins by deciding a few things…
- Do you want to host a boy or a girl?
- Do you have a particular nationality in mind?
- Do you prefer a student close to your own children's age?
- Do you need a student who is happy to live with pets?
- Do you have a special diet at home your student needs to adapt?
- What personality traits or hobbies would compliment your family's lifestyle? Sporty? Silly? Mature? Easy going?
Once you have shared either your host family application with Xplore or have given us an idea of your student preference, we can help you find a great match. The choice of student will ultimately be yours, but we are more than happy to help you narrow down the applicants to those students who fit your criteria.
Next you will want to look over student applications. Our students put a great deal of effort toward preparing their application. They all want to put their best foot forward, but they also want to give you a true idea of what they are like. Check out their family photos, read through their letter, their description of their hobbies and interests, their personality traits, and even a letter from their parents. Reading through several applications is absolutely the best way to be confident your choice of student will be compatible with your family.
Student applications are full of personal information so we only share them with you directly. Please contact us to see student applications. Once you choose a student, Xplore will share your completed host family application with your student and their natural parents. From that point forward, your two families can begin communicating to prepare for your summer adventure together.